You can invest in pay per click advertising, and there is no question that this works and will get you instant results, but to have lasting success you need to be at the top of the search engines all the time.
Here are five reasons that you need to consider investing in search engine optimisation (SEO).
- When people are looking for information on the internet, to find out about services or products to buy, more than 80% of users (your potential customers) rely on search engines, not just surfing around at random.
- Research indicates that over 80% of these internet searchers do not click on pay per click ads
- Over 60% of websites that are displayed at the top of the search engine results get clicked on by internet users. In other words get to the top for something you offer, and you WILL get clicks. And more clicks than those below you.
- If internet users find you naturally at the top (because of search engine optimisation – SEO – as opposed to paid ads) you will get more conversions. Research indicates that because of the authority you get from being top of the rankings, users have more confidence in your offering and you can expect to increase conversion ratios by up to 33%.
- Over the 12 months, the costs of paid ads (PPC) costs have grown by nearly 40% and they continue to rise.
And as I said before, SEO will keep you at the top.
Written by Matthew Simmons